We require a $45 minimum order.
Leathers are back!
2019 crop of leathers is ready to go.Tough, tasty, slabs.....I think the best …
Turn out the lights.....the Season is over.....
Our 2019 beautiful Blenheim apricot season is done, finished, adios, and via …
And they're off.......
Pickers are out in the orchard starting tomorrow morning.Each man uses an 11 …
Since 1946, the Gonzales family has grown the rare and fabulous California Blenheim apricots. Grown on our Hollister ranch, we continue to be the farmer, pruner, dryer, packer, and seller of the vanishing Blenheim apricot. We produce the best tasting apricots in the world all "Home Grown in the Flavor Zone"!
In addition to our incredible dried apricots, be sure to discover our variety of nuts (walnuts, pistachios, almonds) and other dried fruits (peaches, pears, prunes, and more). For those who believe less is more, we have dark and delicious unsulfured dried apricots. And don't forget our sweet and tart selection of apricot jams and syrups as well as our decadent chocolate covered fruits and nuts. Simply delicious! Everything here on the ranch is organically grown.
Apricot Bars (Diabetic Friendly)
This yummy recipe was brought to our attention by one of our customers who says it's a hit with her diabetic friends. The recipe comes from "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by the American Diabetics Association written by Maggie Powers and Joyce Hendley.
- 3/4 cup dried chopped apricots
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" x 8" pan with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, simmer 1/2 cup dried apricots in the water for 2 minutes. Do not boil. Cool but do not drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of dried apricots.
- In a blender, puree the cooled apricot mixture for about 1 minute. Add egg, sugar, oil, zest and vanilla. Mix until just blended (about 30 seconds).
- Pour mixture from blender into flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Spread into prepared baking pan and bake until golden brown and edges begin to crust - about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over warm bars.
- Cool before cutting into 20 bars.
Serving size: 1 bar
Diabetic exchange: 1 carbohydrate
Calories from fat: 1 gram
Saturated fat: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 38 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Dietary fiber: 1 gram
Sugars: 11 grams
Protein: 1 gram
You can lower the sugar content by using Splenda (not the Splenda for baking) instead of granulated sugar.